Thursday 24 April 2008

Updates @ 24 April

I have been very busy with work lately, just too tired to upload... work which will delay the official house opening ceremony - at least by a week. Which means I am trying to unofficially move in the house before that 'work' begins, once the electricity have been connected.

I am just so excited about moving in - I am just so sorry for my family, as the timing of the work is so coincidentally wrong - these two are big things for me - the work is a major deliverable for 2008 and the house, well, what can I say, a major deliverable, a major tick in the box for me and my family. Anyway, if things goes to plan, electricity should be connected on the 1st May, I will take leave from 2nd till 7th May to move stuffs and family, and on the 8th back to work to finalise the 'work' in the office, that needs my full commitment until 20th May.

Back to the house then, practically, structurely the house is already done. What's left are what I see as small punch list items, which should be done within the next 7 days.
  • Lights - all done except 2 emergency lights.
  • Doors & handles - all done except the small door at the garage (irrelevant at the moment, but there is a phase 2 in a couple of years, which make that small door more relevant).
  • Windows - all done except changing the handle to locking handles
  • Aircon & Fans - all installed.
  • Alarm - all installed.
  • Toilet & baths - outstanding are tap mixers, towel racks and tissue holder
  • Cabinets - TV cabinets and Maid's built in closet due by end next week
  • Gates - all done except the gate opener. equipment already at the house and only requires installing (once electricity is connected)
Enjoy the pics below:

The alarm system have been installed. We'll test it once we get the electricity in

custom made main door handles, made of stainless steel

Aircon compressors already installed

The entrance foyer chandelier

Dining room chandelier . . . without the shades

Dining room chandelier . . . with the shades

Master bedroom have been polished. . . it will be polished again once we have moved our stuffs in

This is the family lounge floor

Whilst this is Iman/Izzan's room

We've got extra dark grey tiles, and decided to just cover the clothesline area

driveway is 95% done. We need another 195 grey tiles which should arrive Friday

No comments: