Wednesday 1 April 2009

Architect & Contractor contact details

I have long promised this to my friends as well as the architect and contractor. Their contact details are shown in the box on the right.

To those who are familiar with Kuala Belait, my architect's office is on the top floor above Mum's bakery. Freddy is creative and love to capture your ideas and put it into perspective shot, so you can see how it's like when its completed. He is also very patient, especially as we had to take our time to finalise the drawings owing to the birth of our youngest child 'Aaeeshah. And lastly he has very good network with the government offices that allows us to have the drawings reviewed and approved at the earliest possible time.

As for Henry, to use his words roughly, his quotes are not cheap BUT it comes with quality materials and workmanship. I have to agree to that! We didn't approach other contractors for quotes, however we went to a couple of his previous constructions and were quite impressed. He invited us to his home to explain on the quote, line by line, telling us why the choice of tile and wood floorings are expensive, and options of the roofing materials as well as the window frames. He even have his own carpentry factory which allows him to ensure the quality of the furniture and fittings.
Tips: Before you call Henry, send him an SMS and tell him he is recommended by a friend (Pg Azmi). No, I do not get commission, but that's how he is. He will not answer the phone if he is not familiar with the number. We had to do the same when we first approached him. I am happy to say so far I have a couple of friends building their houses with Henry, due for completion by the end of this year. Good choice.

3 comments:

Puan Tiara Sera said...

Salam Pg & Family,
It is such a great accomplishment on your part and your wife, as a young couple, to have your own house. That is something to be proud of, when most of the youngs have overlooked such need and priority. I am so glad for both of you eventhough we don't know each other. As a fellow Bruneian, I feel so happy that there are those young people including both of you that set as examples to the rest that basic and spiritual needs are top priorites in life. Congratulations. Best wishes and semoga keluarga Pg sentiasa dirahmati ALLAH. Rgds.

Gembo said...

Salam Puan Tiara,

Thanks for the kind words/compliments and also the wishes. I am humbled that what we are doing touched a total stranger, and that I believe is the beauty of blogging.

Alhamdulillah, with a lot of sacrifice (financially as well as family holiday - Muhammad my eldest was a bit upset about this heheh), we finally have our dream home. And now it is a year old! Inda terasa eh.

For me and my wife, it is pretty much we wanted our kids to enjoy as much time of their childhood to be in their own room and home, before they move out to Uni . Currently our kids are 8, 5 and 3, so Muhammad (8) will at least spend another 10 years before moving out to Uni and work and probably have his own place with his family. Another 10 years staying with us is good enough for me and my wife.

Thanks Puan Tiara for dropping by.

Salam, Gembo

Unknown said...

I hope all House Contractors in the Philippines are like Henry! I can't wait my dream home to be finished by the end of this year!