Friday 30 November 2007

Updates @ 29 Nov

Not much progress on the outside

Seems not much progress from outside today, but when I got in, they have already covered about 30% of the stairs steps with wood... in 2 days time, it should be 100%, InsyaAllah. 

They've also completed the 'skeleton' for our living room and dining room ceiling.... yet to decide whether it'll be covered in gypsum board or wood.... have to really think about the colour coordination. The thing is, we've already bought a beautiful chandelier for the dining room, and figured wooden ceiling would distract attention from the beauty of the chandelier - well i guess that's probably it then, gypsum board :-)

Anyway, I am already so iski (excited) about the windows - can't wait for the weekend... but I need to time myself well, this saturday I got to see my son Muhammad' s school principal, to get their signature to allow him to enter Ugama school, got to pay electric bills, phone, bmobile, astro, commitment to BSRC Photograph during the BSRC festival (Kanta, 1 hour can what? heheh) and probably bring my kids to OGDC for the thing at OGDC...... well, there goes another Saturday.

Well folks, enough of my ramblings and enjoy the photos...

Our patio and you can see the dining room inside

the 'skeleton' for our entrance ceiling

piping, drainage, cables to be hidden in the ceiling

You can see the bolts used to secure the timber to the concrete.

the timber steps after being covered with wood. 
It'll be finished and painted with varnish to protect the wood

another view of the stairs

2 comments:

thrumyeyes said...

bro gembo, 1 hr is already good. apa tah yg inda nampak langsung atu? hahaha yg terasa jgn marah.

looking at your photos, how i wish i was a blogger at the time i was building my house in 2000. at least i'm happy that i have 6 albums of my house construction from start to finish.... and the 3 sick months of watching creepers grew with no workers in sight!

Gembo said...

Hahah, thanks bro ... InsyaAllah I'll c u esuk.

I have to thank c-Nijam (AKu's bro) for the idea to serialise the house construction... it was fun actually, AND addictive once you get the hang of it heheh.

Alhamdulillah that we chose Henry atu, cos ber'uri' rasanya mendengar cerita my friend yang sampai ber 'sms' saja with the contractor. as usual, it seems like another hour or so discussion with Henry this Saturday morning lagi, so the afternoon BSRC session looks more likely.