Friday 22 February 2008

Updates @ 22 Feb 08

I mentioned in my previous blog (14 Feb) that we're bracing ourselves for another 6 weeks. I got assurance from the contractor on Wednesday that it should be ready by 31 March.

Well, since we are not currently staying at BSP housing, there is no rush for us to move in although I am already so excited to do so. Both my wife and I have decided to move in sometimes in April (mid/late), and I have indicated to my wife that I'd like to have my birthday at the new house :-) . . . . so it should be before May starts heheh

Anyway, I've got friends all over who are eager to see the updates. Been too swamped in work that I can only do this in the weekend... Regarding the weekend chores of choosing tiles etc, well in 8 hours time I'll be on a plane to SINGAPORE - for a long weekend break and find some stuffs for our house. One thing for certain, a set of KHT3005 for our family room... InsyaAllah.

Will post pics of our Singapore shopping (should be a big change compared to the previous drive to Bandar or Miri). Till then, Selamat Hari Kebangsaan Brunei ke 24 to my fellow Bruneians, and have a great long weekend! And Spurs will win the Carling Cup.
As usual, I start with the front of the house

The fence on the far end has got its first coat of weathershield paint. Another coat is due.

Another angle

And another angle

The living room has been painted, well partially.

The paint is actually a sample (this was our second sample, apparently the first one was a bit too yellowish!)

The dining room ceiling has been done.

Feature wall? Sandstone paint for us!

Our master bedroom, painted! I was so excited when I came to the room, no longer seeing the white undercoat.

Another angle

And yet another angle

This is Muhammad's room. He chose the blue paint himself. And look at that cornice - I love it.



The door frame - idea my wife got from watching AFC, where the chef cooks at his beautiful home. I had to really wait for the show to actually see the door frames.

Some area of the compound has been levelled

And lastly but of course not the least, our Muhammad. A very understanding boy. We told him no vacation again this year. He said OK. I offered to buy him Nintendo Wii to soften the blow of not travelling but he said he'll be happy to have a Gameboy. We love you Muhammad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.