Friday 28 December 2007

Latest Pics

Well... not latest, these pics were taken on the 17 Dec and only had the chance to upload. Mr Boombastic, apologies for spoiling your leave :-). I didn't realise you took your long awaited leave to view my blog heheheh

Current status?
- Concrete fences are being built on 2 sides (south & east sides)
- Existing neighbours fences are being repaired (north & west)
- wooden floors are almost done, only the family lounge requires polishing
- apron (floors surrounding the house) fully tiled
- built in cabinets have been delivered and to be installed once all paint jobs is done
- upper floor T&B all fully tiled (wall & floor)
- master T&B, bath tub has been installed
- have spent a total 8 hours in 2 curtain shops (5 hours in Miri shop where I manage to sleep on their display sofa heheh)

What next?
- select tiles for ground floor
- design the bar-table
- design the cabinets for kitchen & hallway
- book air-cons and kitchen hobs/ovens



Master T&B - on the left will be the loo & shower on the right

bathtub installed

Muhammad's T&B - fully tiled (he chose the tiles himself)

Iman & Izzan's T&B - Iman chose this tile and we pick the mosaic to complement. She loves it.

The contractor found this snake following an overnight shower.... I wonder what snake is this

the house as it was 2 weeks ago @ 17 Dec. Second layer of paint will be done closer to handover time

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delighted to find your blog. I, too, intend to build a home but outside Miri along the sea road up on a hill. My wife bought the land some years ago before I came to Malaysia as a Peace Corps volunteer in the early 1970's. After much searching of the internet, it is apparent that I must find a contractor who has his interests and my interests at heart.

If you have time, I would like to ask you some detailed questions which include payment,access to materials, etc.

Thank you in advance for your pictures.

Jim

Gembo said...

Jim, thanks for dropping the comments. I'll be happy to help. Please email me at azmirizal_razak@yahoo.com.sg.

However, I must say I am not familiar of how house construction is dealt with in Miri, but in Brunei, in particular my contractor quoted his services in lump sum, and paid on milestone basis.

Regards,
Azmi